- What you ____________(to do)? - Nothing.
I just ____________ (to finish) my lunch.
- Where you ____________ (to be) all
morning? – I ____________ (to clean) my house since 8 o'clock.
- You ____________ (to do) anything next
weekend? - No, I ____________ (not to make) any plans yet.
- Jane looks great. She (to lose)
____________weight? - Yes, she ____________ (exercise) a lot recently
- You ___________ (to be) busy right now?
- Yes, I just ____________ (to start) typing this report.
- Where is Peter? – He ____________ (to
wash) the car at the moment
- Who ____________ (to be) your favourite
actor? - I ____________ (to like) Sean Connery since I was a child.
- You ____________ (to do) your homework
yet? – Almost. I ____________ (to do) it now.
- Why you ____________ (to be) so angry? –
Somebody (to use) my toothbrush!
- Samantha always ____________ (to be
keen) on tennis. She ____________ (play) with friends every weekend.
- Tim and Matilda ____________ (to be)
married since 1991. They ____________ (to rent) this small house since
- Uncle Bill ____________ just (to
decorate) the bathroom. It is so nice!
- Pauline and Tom ____________ (to sing)
in the school choir twice a week for two years now.
- Who you ____________ (to speak) to for
an hour? The line ____________ (to be) busy all this time!
- Sarah is very happy. It is the first
time she ____________ (to win) a poetry competition.
- Dad ____________ (to be) very nervous
lately. He ____________ (to drink) seven cups of coffee since morning.
- My friend ____________ (to live) in
America at the moment.
- I doubt that we can trust Mr. Green. He
____________ (to change) seven jobs in the last five years.
- We ____________ (to play) in a concert
next weekend that is why we ____________ (to rehearse) so hard all last
- Who ____________ (to read) my diary? It
____________ (to lie) in the wrong place!
- Sorry, Tim just (to go). He
____________ (to leave) the house at 7 o'clock every morning.
- Your mother ____________ (to work) in a
bank? No, she just (to change) her job.
This is just a short note to tell you I
__________ (to arrive) at the airport at 5 pm on Saturday, 10th December. I
__________ (to be) very busy recently, and that's why I _________ (not to
write) to you for a while. I __________ (to plan) this trip for months, so now
I __________ (to look forward) to spending some time with you and your family.
I __________ (to hope) you will be able to meet me at the airport. Please, give
my love to your wife and the children.
See you soon,
**TASK 31. Fill in the gaps with
the verbs from the box, putting them into the right present tense.
to use to
begin to produce to turn to give up to
to provide to pollute to change to live to
Life on earth
_________ (1). Are you aware of the damage being done to our planet? First of
all, we all know that trees __________(2) oxygen and homes for animals.
However, trees __________(3) because of fires and logging. Fortunately, many governments__________(4)
to plant new trees.
Secondly, we also know that many different
species of fish __________(5) on coral reef. They may die because fishermen
__________(6) coral reefs. Though some fishermen __________(7) fishing near
coral reefs and it is a good sign.
Thirdly, many people __________(8) coal and
oil as fuel for heating in their homes. Coal and oil supplies __________ (9).
But there are some people, who __________(10) to other sources of fuel for
heating and they can be a good example for others.
Fourthly, we all know that ocean
life__________(11) 90% of our oxygen. Instead of protecting it, we
__________(12) the oceans with rubbish. However some people __________(13) to
recycle rubbish instead of throwing it all away.