*TASK 28. Put
the verbs in brackets into Present Perfect or Present Perfect Continuous.
- How long you ________ (to know) Alison? -
We ________ (to be) friends since we were children.
- Who ________ (to use) the car? – I was.
Is there a problem? – Yes, it won’t start!
- I (not to see) David and Andrew since
morning. Where are they? - They ________ (to work) in the garden for three
- Why is Sally upset? – She ________ (to
lose) her bag.
- I always ________ (to believe) that
exercise is good for you. - Of course, it's good to keep fit.
- Emily ________ (to teach) maths since she
left university. - Yes, and she's a very good teacher, too.
- Fred ________ (to open) a new shop. -
Really? Where is it?
- This pie is delicious. - Is it? I
________ (not to taste) it yet.
- You (to find) your umbrella yet? - No, I
________ (to look) for it for an hour now.
- You look exhausted. - Well. I ________
(to clean) the windows since 8 o'clock this morning.
- Can 1 have some more lemonade, please? -
Sorry, your brother just ________ (to drink) it all.
- Have you got new neighbours? - Yes, they
just ________ (to move) to the area.
- Tortoises live to be very old. – Yes, I
________ (to hear) of one which is over a hundred years old.
- Are you still busy? – Yes, I ________
(to read) this article for an hour and I still ________ (not to finish) it.
- Why are your shoes wet? – I ________ (to
wash) the car.
- You ________ (to make) plans for
Saturday yet? – Yes, we are going to the movies.
- Are you ready for the concert? – I hope
so. I ________ (to practise) for weeks.
I hope you are enjoying yourself at
university. I'm sure you ________ (to study) hard the whole term. Everything
is fine here at home. Billy just ________ (to receive) his school report. It
was bad, as usual. He ________ (to decide) to leave school next year and find
a job. Fiona ________ (to go) to the gym every day for the past two weeks.
She ________ (to try) to get in shape for the summer. She already ________ (to
plan) her holiday in the sun. Your father ________ (to sell) the old car and
he ________ (to buy) a new one. It's lovely, much nicer than the old one.
Anyway, write soon.
**TASK 29. Spot and correct mistakes
in the sentences given below.
- Liz and I are good friends. We know each
other for four years.
- Sarah is very tired. She is working hard
- 'Where is John?' - 'He's upstairs. He has
been doing his homework.'
- Jane is finishing cleaning her room, and
now she is going out with her friends.
- I didn't recognize Tom. He is looking so
different in a suit.
- I don't need to wash my car. Jim has been
washing it for me already.
- Ian is talking to his boss for an hour
- Claire's train is arriving at 3 o'clock.
I must go and meet her at the station.
- 'Would you like to borrow this book?' -
'No, thanks. I read it before."
- 'Where do you go?' - 'To the pictures.
Would you like to come with me?'
- Are you seeing my bag? I am searching
for it all morning.
- 'Is Colin here?' - 'I don't know. I
haven't been seeing him all day.'
- Sophie is very clever. She is speaking
seven different languages.
- We move house tomorrow. Everything is
*TASK 30. Put the verbs in brackets into the correct present
tense. Make all the necessary changes.