13.reveal – показывать, обнаружи- вать
1. Arrange the following synonyms into pairs and translate them into Russian:
Production, processing, damage, to develop, to connect, major, stage, continuously during, with regard to, in no way, to work out, probability, curing, manufacture, hazard, main, constantly, to join, step, at time of, concerning to, estimation, adherence, possibility, corrective, reveal, ensure, calculation, proper, full, observation, to be based, person, come to light, secure, to be founded, individual, in no case, complete.
2. Find in the text nouns corresponding to the following words, translate them into Russian:
To establish, to correct, to specify, to introduce, to place, to sterilize, to determine, to function.
3. Find in the text the following words:
Результат работы, установление системы, так называемая критическая точка, во
время консервирования, с одной стороны, в отношении, конечный потребитель, все стадии, существенный.
4. Translate into Russian the following groups of words of the same stem:
Preventive – prevent – prevention, adhere – adherent, occur – occurance, probably – probable –probability, begin – beginning, effect – effective – ineffective – effectiveness to depend – dependence – dependent, to desire – desire – desirable, to process – processor, complete – completely, safe – safety, to consume – consumer, ability – able – unable, to control - controller, to limit – limit – limited – unlimited, to assist – assistance – assistant, to define – definition – definite – indefinite, correct – corrective – incorrect – corrector, action – act - active.
5. Translate into Russian paying attention to meaning of expressions in bold type:
1. One of the advantages of the internal-combustion engine is that no special preparation is necessary to make it ready to run, as in the case with the steam engine in which the water must first be brought to boiling under high pressure. 2. After Roentgen had shown that X-rays produce fluorescence in many materials, the question arose whether the opposite might not also be true — that is, whether fluorescent materials might not produce X-rays. Within a year after Roentgen's discovery, the French physicist Becquerel found that this is not usually the case. 3. Electricity has come into general use so recently that you might think it was discovered but a few years ago. Such is not the case.
6. Find the Russian equivalent in the right hand column:
1. health 1. поток
2. necessary 2. точка
3. systematic 3. другой
4. point 4. систематический
5. influence 5. влияние
6. killing 6. уничтожение
7. another 7. различный
8. stage 8. стадия
9. complete 9. здоровье
Чтобы распечатать файл, скачайте его (в формате Word).
Ссылка на скачивание - внизу страницы.