4. ….. the certification process must be well explained to the consumers.
5. ….. for the industry to face two separate certification processes.
6. ….. so that the problems encountered with ecolabelling of forestry products are avoided.
7. ….. will come whether we like it or not.
6. Translate the following sentences into Russian, paging attention to the modal verbs:
1. Industry action convinced operator and in institutions that corrective steps had to be taken and they were taken promptly.
2. It is important that the certification process must be neutral and credible.
3. The basic principles can be found in the FAO Code it also required the designation of certification agencies at international level.
4. Ecolalling should not be regarded as a threat, but as challenge.
5. It could be a real practical contribution to achieve better management of fishery resources.
6. In vestigators will be able to look for equivalent criteria in other formats.
7. Translate the following sentences into Russing using the given words:
вероятно; возможно; должен был бы; мог бы.
1. They could have taken these looks from the in English yesterday.
2. He might have come to the meeting that day.
3. The article should have been translated long ago.
4. He must have translated that text yesterday.
5. My friend may have left two days ago.
8. Translate the following sentences into Russian paying attention to the modal verbs with the perfect infinitive:
1. Anyone watching the space flights of our astronauts must have been impressed by the information available at ground stations, even without any word from the astronaut; this possible due to telemetry. 2. You should have bought a have transistorized TV set - it is fully portable as it does not depend on the a. c. line as a source of power. 3. The designer could have introduced some changes in the cathode-ray tube improve the TV set. 4. The circuit of the TV set must have b - improved, that is why the picture is much better. 5. The radio set may have been plugged in the wrong way, therefore there is nothing happening. 6. You must have bought a new radio set, I have not seen it before. 7. Something must have happened to our TV set; it is out of repair. 8. Absolute accuracy cannot be expected with this kind of instrument; you should take the mean of several observations. 9. You should have tested the device more carefully considering its importance. 10. The pilot should have made use of radar in locating the position of the plane. 11. The operator ought to have known the radio fundamentals better. 12. The scope must have been out of order; that is why the data obtained were not displayed continuously. 13. The operator could have detected the target in time; somebody may have switched off the receiver. 14. The new device must have been broken by accident. 15. The instrument may have been improved, because it became more
9. Translate the words in brackets and then the whole sentence:
1. Our engineer, (должно быть), have repaired отремонтировал этот прибор this device.
2. He (возможно) have returned home already.
3. They (могли бы) have dare it themselves.
4. You (следовало бы) have helped him.
5. She (могла бы) have come, if you had asked her.
a) might, b) may, c) must, d) could, e) should.
10. Translate the following sentences into English:
1. Нам следовало бы применить ультразвук для обнаружения дефектов в детали. 2. Этот инженер, должно быть знал электронику очень хорошо. 3. Поверхность этой детали возможно, была очищена при помощи ультразвука. 4. Нам следовало бы провести ряд опытов по исследованию применения ультразвука в промышленности. 5. Эту сложную операцию, вероятно, сделали с помощью ультразвуковых волн.
Чтобы распечатать файл, скачайте его (в формате Word).
Ссылка на скачивание - внизу страницы.