1. He doesn’t like to be asked about his family. 2. She wants to be invited by them to the party. 3. The weather seems to be improving. 4. He was disappointed not to have been sent to the conference. 5. She may be preparing to the concert and be playing in the small hall. 6. This scientist is said to have been working on this matter for two years. 7. This article seems to have been written by a good professional. 8. I am sorry to have said so. 9. He is happy to be invited to the House of Scientists. 10. They can’t be working in the laboratory at such a late hour.
2. Вставьте подходящие по смыслу глаголы, обращая внимание на необходимость присутствия или отсутствия частицы
“to” перед ними: to implement, to solve, to perform, to prevent,
to sleep, to hear, to know, to leave, to explain, to arrive,
Образец: My scientific advisor doesn’t want me to do this experiment
1. Would you stay with me? I don’t want you ... . 2. A financial plan is needed ... an organisation’s goal. 3. Don’t wake me up tomorrow morning, let me ... . 4. Speak quietly as I don’t want anybody ... us. 5. She mustn’t ... about our plan. 6. Programmable machines called robots are used ... dangerous tasks instead of human beings. 7. Financial planning is needed ... problems related to the product creation. 8. They expect a group of economists ... tomorrow. 9. The risk manager can recommend bricking up a doorway or a hole in this wall ... fire from spreading. 10. It is important for you ... this suggestion.
3. Определите функцию инфинитива в предложениях и переведите предложения на русский язык.
1 He forgot to wind his watch. 2. Our aim was to find the best way to cross the river. 3. He was always the last to come to the lesson. 4. I stayed there to see what would happen. 5. You should go there at once in order not to be late. 6. To translate this article you should use a special dictionary. 7. The student was to isolate the metal plates. 8. To provide a high potential is not so easy. 9. When currents to be measured are very small, you should use a galvanometer. 10. The task was to provide low pressure.
4. Объедините следующие предложения в одно, употребив нужную форму инфинитива, и переведите полученные предложения на русский язык.
Образец: She passed him a note. We saw it.
We saw her pass a note to him.
1. We must speak in a low voice. We don’t want to wake him up. 2. It’s very cold. We can’t bathe. 3. Do you know the first task of the operator? He must tune the receiver. 4. Our research work had the main objective. We had to find out the new properties of this material. 5. Mankind is interested in atomic energy. It must be used only in peaceful purposes. 6. You want to get the necessary books. You should go to the library. 7. I sent him out of the room. I wanted to discuss his progress with his boss. 8. This equation is too complicated. It can’t be used in our calculations. 9. The film was too boring. It didn’t interest me. 10. He left the house. We saw him.
5. Определите, в каких предложениях присутствует оборот “FOR + существительное (или местоимение) + инфинитив”, и переведите предложения на русский язык.
1. The water was too cold for the child to bathe. 2. I brought these magazines especially for you. 3. It is necessary for you to attend this fitness club. 4. It is easy for you to say so. 5. This chair was made for his little son to sit on. 6. For the water to boil you must heat it up to 100oC. 7. The first thing for you to do is to find a manual to suit your scientific problem. 8. For me there is no difference between these two graphs. 9. It is the task for financial planners to determine how much money is needed to accomplish the goals of the firm. 10. Budgeting for financial needs can help managers monitor and evaluate financial performance.
Чтобы распечатать файл, скачайте его (в формате Word).
Ссылка на скачивание - внизу страницы.