1. Albert Einstein (be) born in 1879 in Germany. 2. When he was 12, he (begin) his study of mathematics and physics. 3. Later he (continue) his studies at the University. 4. Einstein (present) his theory of relativity in 1905. 5. His famous equation (say) that energy (equal) mass times the square of the speed of light. 6. The great discovery (surprise) the scientists of the world. 7. The people of our great country (produce) a lot of geniuses such as Lomonosov, Mendeleyev, Lobachevsky and others. 8. Now our country (have) a great number of brilliant scientists in all fields of knowledge. 9. Your experiment (not give) good results until you change the speed of the reaction. 10. Any square (have) four right angles.
3. Поставьте глагол have или have got ( иметь ) в соответствующей форме и времени.
1. I … breakfast at 9 a.m. every day. 2. My friend … a large family. 3. The two brothers … dark brown eyes and light brown straight hair. 4. …. Mr. Smith … lunch in his office yesterday? 5. Helen and Chris … a camera or a computer, but they …a TV and a mobile phone. 6. What colour eyes … she … ? 7. Our family … dinner at the restaurant tomorrow night. 8. … you … a shower every day? 9. We … a very good time last Sunday. 10. What sort of hair … he … ? 11. We … much fun, when we were schoolchildren.
4. Поставьте глаголы в скобках в соответствующем времени группы Simple или Continuous.
1. He (have) an examination in English now. 2. He (have) an examination twice a year. 3. They (discuss) the new film now. 4. They (discuss) every new film. 5. When I came to see him he (sleep). 6. She went straight to bed and (sleep) till 8 o’clock. 7. She sat down and (look) at him. 8. Don’t speak so loudly! He (make) a report in the next room. 9. He usually (make) very interesting reports.
5. Раскройте скобки, употребляя глаголы в Present Continuous или в Present Simple.
1. He (work) in the centre of Chicago? 2. I (sit) in the waiting room at the doctor’s now. 3. Eric (talk) about his holiday plans, but Kenny (not listen) to him. 4. I (not go) to the theatre every Sunday. 5. Look at the sky! The clouds (move) slowly, the sun (appear) from behind the clouds and it (get) warmer. 6. How is your brother? – He is not well yet, but his health (improve) from day to day. 7. Who (to listen) to music on his personal stereo over there right now? 8. On Sunday we sometimes (go) to the cinema or to a disco club. 9. Where Boris (be)? I (look) for him. – He (have) dinner. 10. You (keep) to any special diet? – No, but I (eat) lots of fruit and vegetables.
Запомните употребление to be going to do something в значении “намереваться что-либо сделать” и Present Continuous для выражения запланированного действия в будущем.
6. Употребите to be going или Present Continuous в предложениях.
1. What … you … on Sunday, Pat? (do) – I … … to a concert in the park. (go). 2.Tony … … to America this summer (go). 3. … you … anything on Wednesday evening, Jim? (do) - Yes, I … …. Steve. (meet). 4. Hi, Tony! I hear you … … to spend your summer holidays in Australia. 5. What … you … to do there? 6. Well, I … … to visit Sydney to see the Opera House. 7. My friend … … to see his sister tomorrow.
7. Поставьте глаголы в скобках в необходимую временную форму.
1. If everybody (read) this new novel, let us discuss it. 2. The girl (find) Lanny lying on the road motionless. 3. She (be ill) the whole week. You ought to go and help her in her studies. 4. You (book) the tickets? – Yes, I have. I (book) them several days ago. 5. “I (warn) you,” said Gert to Larry. “And I never (warn) twice.” 6.”I am glad that you (follow) my instructions,” my uncle (say). 7. I can hardly recognize you. I (not see) you since you (leave) for Moscow. And you (change) so much. 8. The children (decide) to play in the garden because the day was warm and the sun (shine) brightly. 9. “You (travel) never, therefore you (not know) anything about the dangers of travel,” my uncle said to me.
Чтобы распечатать файл, скачайте его (в формате Word).
Ссылка на скачивание - внизу страницы.