7. You have a lot of coffee late at night. It (break).
8. It (snow). He (spend) it.
2. Сравните предложения и объясните разницу между ними.
1. If you give me $1000, I’ll spend it all.
2. If you gave me $1000, I would spend it all.
3. If you had given me $1000, I would have spent it all.
3. Раскройте скобки, образуя условные предложения:
а) первого типа
1. If I find your passport I (phone) you at once. 2. If I (see) him I’ll give him a lift. 3. The company will pay you more money on condition that you (work) more. 4. If he (do) more work, he’ll pass his exam. 5. If they (not sell) more they won’t get much commission. 6. If Mary changes her job, she (earn) more money. 7. If Peter (enter) the university, he’ll study management, languages or engineering. 8. If we (not involve) acceleration, the description of motion won’t be accurate. 9. Unless we make this assumption, the result (be) wrong. 10. We’ll continue our investigation, if you (help) us. 11. Time will be saved if one (use) a computer. 12. If you add up two numbers of six figures without a calculator, it (take) you a lot of time.
б) второго типа
1. If I didn’t smoke so much, I (feel) better. 2. If he (have) money, he could buy a CD player. 3. If the Earth didn’t rotate, it (have) the shape of a ball. 4. Were you asked to explain this formula, you probably (have to think) for a while. 5. If you could do it once again, what profession you (choose)? 6. If I (make) a promise, I would certainly keep it. 7. If the humidity and temperature of the air changed, the standard (not be) accurate enough. 8. (Be) it not for such discoveries, we would make no progress in this field of technology. 9. If we (test) the hypothesis in practice, we would get the results desired. 10. If the model fitted well, the observed data (be) correct. 11. One (can) easily calculate the volume if he knew the dimensions of the body. 12. Were one electron removed, net positive charge (be left).
в) третьего типа
1. If you (water) the plants, they would not have faded. 2. Had he not been busy, he (miss) that scientific conference. 3. If he (attend) preliminary courses, he might have entered that university. 4. Unless the manager had had the information, he (make) the wrong decision. 5. If I (have) the journal, I would have brought it to you yesterday and you (can read) it. 6. But for this demand we (agree) on the terms.7. Unless the accuracy of the optical clocks had been still greater, the atomic clocks (be) the most accurate now. 8. If the binary system (not exist), computer designers would have had to invent it. 9. Unless computer techniques had been developed, space research never (make) such great progress. 11. A valuable contribution (make) provided considerable efforts had been devoted to the theoretic examination. 12. Had you had a more delicate instrument during the last experiment, you (can recognize) smaller electric or magnetic changes at greater distances.
г) смешанного типа
1. Unless the students had missed their classes, they (may) read, write and speak English quite well. 2. If he (not know) English well, he wouldn’t have been employed. 3. If we (carry out) the experiment yesterday, we could take advantage of the results obtained during today’s discussion. 4. If he were a skilled programmer, he (can debug) his program before the experiment had been completed. 5. Suppose the documents (be submitted) on time, the present negotiations might proceed more successfully. 6. New products (can be launched) this month had the equipment been supplied according to the agreement.
4. Переведите условные предложения разного типа на русский язык.
Чтобы распечатать файл, скачайте его (в формате Word).
Ссылка на скачивание - внизу страницы.