- You're always welcome, Mr.
Gold. Hope you'll come to see us
- Well, 1 must be off.
- Stay and have a cup of tea first.
- Tanks very much. But I really must go. I've
got an interview for
a job tomorrow morning. Cheerio!
- Bye. And good luck.
- Thanks. I'll let you know how I get on.
II. Supply the missing remarks:
1. "Thank you for a nice party." - " ... ." 2. " ... ." "It's been a pleasure! Thank you for coming." -"...." 3."...." - "Keep in touch." 4. "... ." - "Good-bye, keep well." 5. " ... ." - "Well, have a good journey." 6*. " ...." - "When shall I see you again?" 7. "I've got urgent work." -"...." 8. Good-bye. My best regards to everybody at home." -
III. Read the conversation to find out why Dave has got to leave at 11 o'clock: Dave:' Thanks for the party, Jane. It was great. But I'd better be on my
Jane: What, so soon? Ifs only 11 o'clock.
Dave: Yes, I know, but I've got up early in the morning.
Jane: Oh, Dave, you can stay a little bit longer, surel
Dave: I'd like to, Jane- really-but if I don't get home i. arly at night I'll
never be able to wake up in the morning.
come on, Dave. Just stay for one more dance, that's all.
Dave: I'd like to, Jane, honestly, but I think I'd better go now.
Jane: Well, thanks for coming and see you soon.
Dave: Yes, fine. Cheerio then, Jane.
Jane: Cheerio. And give my regards to your mother.
Dave: Yes, I will! Bye and thanks again.
Look back at the conversation to answer the following questions:
1. Whcvare the two people talking? 2. Are they on equal terms? If so, what language shows they are? 3. What does Dave think of Jane's party? 4. Is Jane surprised at Dave's leaving? 5. Does she try to persuade him to stay? What does she say? 6. Does Jane sound a bit excited? If so, what language shows she does? 7. Why do you think Dave didn't say "Good-bye" to Jane? 8. Would have he sounded too formal if he had used it? 9. Are there parting words in your own language that reflect a different degree of formality? Can you be too formal?
Чтобы распечатать файл, скачайте его (в формате Word).
Ссылка на скачивание - внизу страницы.