Test-paper in English
1. In each set of four below, match a verb on the left with in on the right to make phrases about export sales.
1. Don't sell proactive with local distributors.
2. Be a firm commitment to export,
3. Make outside the box.
4. Think on price rather than quality.
5. Trade an exclusive deal.
6. Sign time, effort and money.
7. Be prepared on open account.
8. Invest to modify product specifications.
9. Ask payments can be done by the credit
10. Chasing a credit agency about a customer's
11. Focus on that what works in your domestic market will also work abroad.
12. Don't assume one market, rather than trying to sell all over the world.
2. Find a word in 1 that means:
1. the ability of a company to repay debts:____________________________
2. trying hard to get something you want:____________________________
3. The collocations below are used in international business transactions. Cross out the one verb in bold in each group that does not collocate with the noun.
1. issue / reach / settle / query an invoice
2. assume / provide / load / ship goods
3. chase / comply with / state / meet conditions
4. negotiate / reach / sign / state a deal
5. check in / check out / check up on a customer's creditworthiness
6. fall behind with / get behind with / move behind with payments
4. The words in bold below are all in the wrong places. Put them in the correct places.
After the exporter and foreign customer finally (1) check up on a deal, the
exporter will (2) comply with the goods and (3) reach an invoice. The exporter
must (4) issue all the conditions in the contract, and if they do they can expect to
be paid on time. It is a waste of time if they have to (5) ship customers who (6)
chase payments. If there is a problem with payment, the exporter can use a credit
agency to (7) get behind with a customer's creditworthiness.
5. Complete the text with these time prepositions: at, from, in, until, within.
1. ___________________the 90s we worked with a series of different local
agents. (2)_________________ 2002 we started using APL, and they have been
our exclusive agent (3)_________________ that time (4)__________________
now. They are very good at collecting payment from local customers, and we give
them the discretion to ask for payment (5)__________________either 60 or 90
days. They forward to us all payments they have collected, after taking their
commission, and we receive money from them (6)_____________________ the
end of every month.
6. Put the words in the diplomatic sentences into the correct order.
1. Direct: I'll explain it again if you want.
Diplomatic: it let me way another put.
2. Direct: You are not convinced.
Diplomatic: wrong me if you correct but I'm saying that seem to be you are not convinced.
3. Direct: You are wrong!
Diplomatic: I'm a slight misunderstanding there seems to be afraid.
4. Direct: You don't understand!
Diplomatic: I clear myself haven't made perhaps.
5. Direct: You want to withdraw from the project, right?
Diplomatic: you would be saying I right in that want to withdraw from the project?
7. Use the words in brackets to make the direct sentences more diplomatic.
1. We need more time. (I think / might)
2. There are still many difficulties. (I'm afraid / quite a large number)
3. We must renegotiate parts of the contract. (perhaps / should / one or two)
4. That will be very expensive. (won't / rather)
8. Complete this email sequence using the words and phrases in the box.
further to according to regret to inform pass this matter now overdue early settlement have no alternative outstanding balance
Email 1 (Reminder)
(1)_________________________________________our records, our invoice
number KL788 is (2)_______________________________________ . The total
sum is €25,600. We would appreciate your (3)___________________________of
this (4)___________________________________ .
Email 2 (Final demand)
(5)_____________________________our email of 14 June re invoice KL788, we
have still not received payment for the outstanding sum of €25,600. We
(6)_________________________________ you that we
(7)____________________________ but to (8)_______________________ to our
9. Match the words outstanding and overdue to their definitions below.
1. not paid when expected; late: ___________________________________
2. not yet paid:___________________________________________________
10. Which of the two words from 9 has a second meaning of 'excellent and impressive'?
Чтобы распечатать файл, скачайте его (в формате Word).
Ссылка на скачивание - внизу страницы.