Test-paper in English
1. Read the examples of corporate social responsibility then answer the questions below.
The company should ...
· enhance shareholder value.
· employees' merit.
· give fair and adequate compensation.
· provide clean and safe working conditions.
· provide new equipment and new facilities.
· carry on research and develop innovation.
· encourage civic improvements.
· support good works and charities.
· protect the environment and natural resources.
· avoid exploiting developing countries.
· build a sustainable business.
And employees need to ...
· have a sense of security in their job.
· have equal opportunity for jobs and development.
· feel free to make suggestions and complaints.
· feel they can align themselves with the company's goals.
Find a word above that means:
1. the profit that a company makes for its investors (two
2. money paid because someone is injured or has lost their
3. rooms and equipment that are provided for a particular
4. organizations that give help to people who need
5. the land, water and air that people live
6. treating someone unfairly in order to get a benefit for
7. capable of continuing for a long
8. a situation in which people have the same chances as everyone else (two
9. things you say or write when you are not
10. agree with and support publicly (________________________________
2. Complete the sentences about ethical behaviour using a phrase from each column.
The company should …
1. acknowledge any problem common decency.
2. act with integrity any problem.
3. compensate victims that exists.
4. limit the impact of which satisfy everyone.
5. negotiate settlements for any damage caused.
6. obey the law or staff perform well.
7. recognize merit when towards employees.
8. uphold standards of face a lawsuit or fine.
3. Complete the remarks of a chairperson at various stages of a meeting. Use the words and phrases in the box.
any other business apology for absence
approving the minutes break for coffee
close the meeting come back to this
getting side-tracked have any views
introduce the first item see your point
stick to the agenda take a vote
unanimous decision wouldn’t you agree
Good morning, ladies and gentlemen. Is everyone here? I have received just one
(1)_______________________ from Celia. OK, I think we can begin. Let's start by
(2)_______________________ of the last meeting. Any comments? They're quite
straightforward, I think. Good. Now, there is a lot to discuss today, so let's try to
(3)_____________________. OK, who is going to (4)__________________ ?
That's interesting, but I think we're (5)____________________. Could we
(6)_______________________ later? OK. Now, Antonio, we haven't heard
from you. Do you (7)__________________________on this issue? ... Thank you,
Antonio. I (8)________________________, but you have to consider the impact
on our budget. (9)____________________that there will be substantial costs if we
do as you suggest? ... OK, there seems to be a consensus, so we don't need to
(10)______________________ . This would be a good time to
Good, I think we've reached a (12)______________________on this. Before we
finish we need to deal with (13)________________________. Does anyone have
any other issue that we haven't discussed? OK, I think we can
4. Put each verb in brackets into the correct form, active or passive. The first two are present simple and the last four are past simple.
'The company (1)____________________(try) to limit its impact on the
environment as much as possible. However, sometimes mistakes
(2)__________________ (make). It is true that some radioactive waste
(3)__________________ (lose) in transit last week, somewhere on the
Swiss-German border. But I am pleased to report that we
(4)_______________(take) action immediately. The driver of the
truck (5)______________________(find), and we (6)______________(dismiss)
him after completing our enquiries. Press reports that he had been drinking heavily
and thought he was in Austria are completely exaggerated.'
5. Find pairs of linking words / phrases with the same meaning.
as a rule consequently
finally in particular
in conclusion moreover
on the whole therefore
in addition in brief
in other words obviously
that is to say to sum up
6. Which two words / phrases from 5 would you use to:
1. add a second point to support your argument?
2. highlight one fact or point?
3. make a generalization?
Чтобы распечатать файл, скачайте его (в формате Word).
Ссылка на скачивание - внизу страницы.