Test-paper in English
1. Finish each phrase about careers with the best from the right-hand column.
1. make a career application
2. reach your long-term bonus
3. prefer money rather than job choice
4. learn new experience
5. gain goal
6. get a performance-related placement
7. send off a job satisfaction
8. apply for a gap-year skills
2. Fill in the missing letters in these words which all have a meaning similar to goal.
1. clear/ annual / production / sales t_ _ _ _ _ s
2. limited / clear / specific / business о_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _s
3. the overall / main / sole / underlying _ _m
3. Match each word in the box to its definition below, the words into your language.
aptitude know-how background experience knowledge skill
1. Knowledge that you need to be able to do something:______________________________________________________
2. Information that someone knows:__________________________________
3. An ability to do something well, especially because you have practised
4. Knowledge or skill you get from being in different situations:_____________________________________________________
5. The type of education, experience and family that you
6. A natural ability to do something well or to learn it
4. The expressions in the box refer to losing your job.
be dismissed be fired be laid off be made redundant be sacked
1. Which three suggest it was your fault?
______________________ , _______________________ , ____________
2. Which of these three is more formal?_________________________
3. Which two expressions suggest it was not your fault?
___________________ , ________________________
4. Which of these two is British English?_________________________________
5. Fill in the missing letters in these words about careers.
1. be sh_ _ _-li_ _ _d for a second interview
2. re_ _ _n from a job because you have a better offer in another company
3. a_ _ _ _d an interview on Friday morning
4. be app_ _ _ _ _d to a more senior position after some time in the company
5. be h__ed by a company after a successful interview
6. a_ _ _y for a job in a company
6. Put each verb into the correct form: present simple (do I does), present continuous (am I are I is doing), present perfect (have I has done) or past simple (did). Each form is used twice.
'I'm really busy this morning –I (1)______________________(interview) three
candidates for that sales job – the second one is outside now. Yesterday was even
worse. I (2)_____________________(interview) five candidates in two hours, and
none of them were any good. Let me see, over the last ten days I think I
(3)_____________ (interview) sixteen candidates. Just imagine! And every time I
(4)_____________ (interview) someone there's a CV to read, questions to prepare,
records to keep. It just never ends. Right now, I (5)______________(need) a break.
(6)__________________ (anyone / see) that travel brochure about holidays in the
Seychelles? I know I (7)________________ (put) it somewhere. Wait a minute.
There's no-one here. I (8)_______________(talk) to myself.'
7. Put each verb into the correct form: present perfect (have / has done) or present perfect continuous (have / has been doing).
1. I______________________________ (write) my CV all morning, and
finally I_____________________________(finish) it.
2. I_________________________ (write) four job applications this week. One
day I must get lucky – I______________________ (try) to find a job for ages.
8. Make nouns from the adjectives and verbs below.
strong (adj): ________________________________
9. Use each noun from the previous exercise to complete these questions from a job interview. Some have a plural form.
1. What are your main functions and duties in your present job? What are
2. How does the company know you are doing a good job? How do they measure
3. What are the positive things you can bring to the team? What are
4. And what would you say are your________________________________ ?
Come on, be honest now.
5. What is the one thing you are most proud of in your present job? What is your
6. If we offer you this job, what kind of______________________________ will
you have to the company? Will you be looking for another job after a year or two?
Чтобы распечатать файл, скачайте его (в формате Word).
Ссылка на скачивание - внизу страницы.