Translate the sentences containing Infinitives:
- Sufficient work along these lines has
been done to show that interesting results can be gathered by this method
- To illustrate the complexities of this
kind of historically based analysis, in Section 3 we will examine how
changes in economic, political and social structure may have had varying
effects on cultural regulation.
- Rituals are looked upon as mechanisms to
ensure societal unity.
- The author argues that labour markets
should be completely deregulated so as to make them as competitive as
- I shall not undertake to explain this
transaction itself, but I shall nevertheless need to know its terms in
order to explain the other things I’m interested in.
- It will be our task to investigate these
religions in order to find out what peculiarities they have.
- To miss what is different or distinct is
to subtract from the whole understanding of human nature.
- From the early 20th century,
some scientists began to show that it was actually impossible to divide
humans up in this way.
- In taking such a process-oriented
approach to understanding the contemporary global economy, it is important
to distinguish between the two distinct processes.
- Ways have to be found to solve the
problem of poverty and deprivation.
- In short, there must be a certain
equilibrium between the power a social class possesses and the force at
its disposal to defend it.
- It is amazing to see how in imperial Rome the members of the elite committed suicide or allowed themselves to be assassinated
without the slightest defense as long as it pleased Caesar.
- It is not enough to say that an idea is
“good to think” or “bad to think”.