7. Howard Carter found a new tomb on the side of a small hill. T/F
8. Howard Carter asked Lord Carnarvon to dig a big hole. T/F
9. They found some stairs in the side of the hill. T/F
10. There was a door at the bottom of the stairs. T/F
11. The workmen opened the door. T/F
12. There was a piece of wax on the door. T/F
13. There was some writing on the wax, but Howard Carter couldn’t read it. T/F
14. Tutankhamen was famous and Howard knew a lot about all about him. T/F
15. Lord Carnarvon made a hole in the door and looked through it. T/F
16. Howard Carter saw wonderful things. T/F
17. There were many different things in the first room. T/F
18. There were four empty rooms in the tomb. T/F
19. They found the body of Tutankhamen in the burial chamber. T/F
20. The body was inside a painted box. T/F
3 Language – Prepositions
Complete the sentences with prepositions from the box.
1. Tutankhamen’s mask is at the Egyptian Museum in Cairo.
2. Robbers took all the treasures from the tombs.
3. Tutankhamen’s head was covered with the gold mask.
4. Tutankhamen’s body was inside a sarcophagus.
5. Cairo is the capital of Egypt.
6. The tombs were under the sand.
7. They walked down the stairs to the door.
8. Howard Carter made a hole in the door.
9. He looked through the hole.
10. Howard Carter saw the statues and strange animals on 26th November.
Student A: Read the text below. Ask Student B “WH” questions to complete the gaps in the text.
Howard Carter, an archaeologist, was in _______. He was looking for the tombs of the pharaohs. Most of the tombs were in _____________ in the south of Egypt. A rich man, ___________, was paying Howard Carter to look for tombs. Most of the tombs were empty because _______________.
Howard Carter found _________ in the side of a hill. His workmen dug a big hole. They found some stairs. At ______________ they found a door. There was a piece of wax on the door. The name Tutankhamen was written on ___________. Howard Carter made a hole in the door. He looked through __________ and saw wonderful things.
Student B: Read the text below. Ask Student A “WH” questions to complete the gaps in the text.
Howard Carter, _____________, was in Egypt. He was looking for _____________________. Most of the tombs were in the Valley of the Kings in ___________. A rich man, Lord Carnarvon, was paying _____________ to look for tombs. Most of the tombs were empty because robbers had taken all the treasures.
Howard Carter found a tomb in the side of a hill. ___________ dug a big hole. They found some ______. At the bottom of the stairs they found a door. There was a _________ on the door. _____________was written on the piece of wax. Howard Carter made a hole __________. He looked through the hole and saw _____________.
Look on the internet. Try to find the answers to these questions and wride down your answers.
1. How old was Tutankhamen when he became a pharaoh?
2. How old was he when he died?
3. What was the name of his brother?
4. Did he like fishing? How do we know?
5. Where are his sandals?
6. How did Egyptians mummify dead bodies?
7. What is the legend of the curse of Tutankhamen?
Чтобы распечатать файл, скачайте его (в формате Word).
Ссылка на скачивание - внизу страницы.