I WANT TO BE A DOCTOR
There are many interesting and noble professions. I want to be a doctor. It is an interesting profession.
I understand that it is necessary to study a lot to become a doctor. I also understand that this profession requires great responsibility because it deals with the most important thing that a person has — with his health.
My mother and my grandfather are doctors. My grandfather works as a surgeon in a hospital. I often go to the hospital and spend some time there because I like to watch how my grandfather works.
His main task is to operate on the people. After each operation he takes care of patients until they are recovered.
He listens very attentively to what his patients tell him. He is always kind and attentive to his patients. They feel it and believe him, and it makes his work easier.
I know that he wants to see all his patients able-bodied and notice that he is happy when his patient is recovered.
Mу grandfather can also help if somebody catches a cold or has a fiver. My grandfather always tells me a lot of true stories about doctors and their profession.
I love and respect my grandfather and want to become a doctor as well.
Vocabulary and speaking
1. Match the words from these columns. Use a dictionary for unknown words and pronunciation.
able a cold
noble a fiver
2. Divide these words into two columns.
operate on people, help, require responsibility, catch a cold, take care, have a fiver, work in a hospital, study a lot, be recovered, listen attentively, be kind, believe
1. Explain in English the meaning of these words:
- doctor - hospital
- surgeon - fiver
- patient - job
2. Develop following statements in two or three sentences.
- profession of a surgeon
- noble professions
- your health
C. Answer the questions.
1. Is it necessary to study to become a doctor?
2. Is the profession of a doctor connected with great responsibility?
3. In your opinion, must a doctor be a kind and attentive person?
4. What do you think, is it pleasant to see a person healthy again?
5. Are there any doctors in your family?
6. What else do you know about doctors and their profession?
2. Make a list of question to know what your group mates like to do and which professions (jobs) they find attractive for them.
Present Simple (he, she, it)
1. Put the verbs into the Present Simple.
e.g.My grandfather always (tell) me a lot of true stories. – My grandfather always tells me a lot of true stories
1. My grandfather (work) as a surgeon in a hospital.
2. After each operation he (take) care of his patients.
3. He (listen) very attentively to what his patients tell him.
4. Mу grandfather can also help if somebody (catch) a cold or has a fiver.
5. I know that he (want) to see all his patients able-bodied
2. Make the sentences negative.
e.g. It makes his work easier.– It doesn’t make his work easier.
I want to become a doctor. – I don’t want to become a doctor.
1. My grandfather listens inattentively.
2. He works as a journalist.
3. I understand that it is necessary to study.
4. I know that he wants to be a surgeon.
5. He wants to be a surgeon.
6. We like his job very much.
1. Ask questions to the parts of the sentences in bold.
e.g. My grandfather always tells me a lot of true stories.
– How often does my grand father tell me a lot of true stories.
1. I want to be a doctor.
2. This profession requires great responsibility.
3. I often go to the hospital.
4. After each operation he takes care of patients.
5. He listens very attentively to what his patients tell him.
6. My grandfather always tells me a lot of true stories.
7. The patients believe the doctor.
2. Fill in the right auxiliary verb (do / does)where it is necessary.
Чтобы распечатать файл, скачайте его (в формате Word).
Ссылка на скачивание - внизу страницы.