Libra (September 22 - October 22)
You are tolerant and a good listener, so friends often come to you for a help. Love is important for you. But sometimes you can’t make your mind.
Scorpio (October 23 - November 21)
You have strong likes and dislikes and see things in black and white. You are ambitious. Love is very important to you but often you hide your feelings.
Sagittarius (November 22 - December 20)
You are friendly, extrovert, intelligent and like to show off your knowledge to other people. You love travel and danger.
Capricorn (December 21 -January 19)
You have a strong character. Very often you’re a successful person. In your relationships you’re loyal, but like to have control over people.
Vocabulary and speaking
1. Read your own star sign description and find the adjectives. Do they give your accurate description?
2. Say what it is true about you and what is false.
e.g. Cancer. You are very sensitive. – It is true. I think I’m very sensitive.
1. Explain in English what the expressions mean:
- to see in black and white
- to make up somebody’s mind
- to take everything to heart
- your heart rules your head.
2. Give a short description of your group mates using 2-3 adjectives from the text.
e.g. I think my friend is sociable, reliable and very sensitive.
1. Make a list of characteristics you think positive or negative. Use expressions from the text.
e.g. Positive characteristics: realistic, intelligent.
Negative: absent-minded, see things in black and white.
2. Compare with your partner your lists. If they differ, try to explain your point of view.
e.g. I think to see things in black and white is a negative characteristic, you should be more optimistic.
Adjectives, adverbs, participles
1. Complete the sentences with a suitable word.
e.g.You are full of energy. You are … . – You are active.
1. You take everything to heart. You are … .
2. You like to dominate people. You are … .
3. You like to be alone. You are … .
4. You like to be in the public. You are … .
5. Your heart rules your head. You are … .
2. Scan the text and find the star signs to the characteristics from the part 1.
e.g. You are full of energy. You are … . – You are Aries (or Gemini).
1. Put the adverbs in the right place in the sentence. Scan the text to find the help.
e.g. You can be stubborn. (sometimes) – Sometimes you can be stubborn.
1. Friends come to you for a help. (often)
2. You are absent-minded. (sometimes)
3. You are too serious. (often)
4. It is difficult for you to make up your mind. (from time to time)
5. You think and talk fast (usually)
2. Ask and answer the questions from the part 1 with your partner.
e.g. You can be stubborn. - Can you be stubborn? – Yes, sometimes I can be stubborn, but not often.
1. Complete and develop the phrases with expressions from the text.
e.g. You are emotional. - You are emotional, creative and your heart rules your head.
1. You are very sensitive.
2. You are intelligent.
3. You are a good listener.
4. You are shy.
5. You are impulsive.
2. Give the description for every star sign. You can give your own characteristics you think belong to people.
СПИСОК ИСПОЛЬЗОВАННОЙ ЛИТЕРАТУРЫ
1. Brainwaves 2. Student’s book. Oxford University Press, 2007
2. Challenge 1. Учеб-метод. пособие по англ.яз./ Фастовец Р.В., Деменчук Т.П., Демьяненко Т.А. и др.; под ред. Фастовец Р.В. –
2-е изд. перераб. – Мн.: Бестпринт, 2002
3. Headway Elementary. Student’s book. Oxford University Press, 1993
4. Headway Intermediate. Student’s book. Oxford University Press, 2001
5. Matrix Foundation Student’s book. Oxford University Press, 2007
6. Sedov D.S. Collection of English Authentic Texts - Minsk: Lexis, 2002
7. Speech practice: meals, shopping // R.Fastovets, T.Demianenko, T.Demenchuk. – Minsk: Minsk State Linguistic University. - 1999
8. Twist 1. Student’s book. Oxford University Press, 2007
Чтобы распечатать файл, скачайте его (в формате Word).
Ссылка на скачивание - внизу страницы.