5. What weather is expected to be in your country tomorrow?
6. What kind of weather do you like?
7. What kind of weather don’t you like?
This is Gale Goodkind with the weather forecast for tomorrow. It's Saturday, and a lot of people are going away on holiday. We're going to look at the European weather map for tomorrow morning at nine o'clock.
First, the bad news. It's raining in Spain at the moment. And the good news. It isn't going to rain tomorrow. It is going to be a hot, sunny day, with temperatures of 30 degrees Celsius.
The rain is going to move into France tonight. Tomorrow is going to be wet and windy in the South of France. In Italy it's going to be a dry day, but cloudy. The temperature there is going to be about 20 or 21 degrees Celsius.
What about Greece? Well, the sun's going to shine there. A very hot day, with temperatures about 30 degrees in Athens, 27 or 28 degrees in the islands.
And Britain? Sorry, but it's going to be a cold, wet day again. It's going to snow in Scotland, and there's going to be a thunder in the North of England.
Europe is going again to be windy with changeable skies. It is going to have
cloudy, rainy weather with strong winds to an area from France to Russia. Western Europe is going to have rain. Eastern Europe and Scandinavia are going to have sleet and snow. There are going to be strong southwesterly winds reaching nearly gale force with the possibility of gales in the Channel. Southern Spain and Turkey are going to be mostly sunny.
The interior of Italy is going also to be sunny, but the area bordering the Tyrrhenian Sea is going to be mostly cloudy with occasional showers.
Have a nice holiday!
Vocabulary and speaking
1. Find in the text the expressions where these words are used.
forecast / weather / day / temperature / wind
2. Form derivatives of the following words.
1. Explain in English when it is:
- cloudy - windy
- rainy - snowy
- foggy - sunny
2. Scan the text and tell in what countries the weather is going to be:
- wet - dry
- rainy - sunny
- hot - windy
- cloudy - cold
1. Answer the questions.
1. With whom and where do you discuss weather?
2. Do fast changes in weather influence you and your health?
3. In what ways do they influence you?
4. Which season do you like most of all and why?
5. Is there any difference between weather in big cities and in the country?
6. What weather make you depressed and why?
2. Make a forecast you expect to have tomorrow.
3. You are going to England. Describe the weather you expect to have there.
Future Simple (he, she, it)
1. Make the sentences negative.
e.g.It is going to rain tomorrow. – It isn't going to rain tomorrow.
1. A lot of people are going to stay at home on holiday.
2. Western Europe is going to have snow.
3. The rain is going to move into Greece tonight.
4. Southern Spain and Turkey are going to be mostly cloudy.
5. There's going to be a thunder in the North of England.
2. Ask general questions to the sentences from part 1.
e.g. It is going to rain tomorrow. – Is it going to rain tomorrow?
3. Answer the questions From part 2 using the text.
e.g. Is it going to rain tomorrow? – No, it isn’t going to rain tomorrow.
1. Answer the questions according to the text.
e.g. What is the weather going to be like in Spain? – It is going to be a hot, sunny day, with temperatures of 30 degrees Celsius.
1. What is the weather going to be like in Spain?
2. What is the weather going to be like in Britain?
3. What is the weather going to be like in Athens?
4. What is the weather going to be like in France?
Чтобы распечатать файл, скачайте его (в формате Word).
Ссылка на скачивание - внизу страницы.